At FKR we have always thought that research, innovation and the development of new products should be our tool to guarantee the development and future of our company.
For this and since the beginning of the company, we have always worked and collaborated with the best Research Groups of Universities, Technological Centers… within the world of Wood Protection.
A sample of the Projects in which FKR has participated or led are the following:
- SME R&D project. “IDENTIFICATION AND CONTROL OF MICROORGANISMS THAT ATTACK WOOD INTENDED FOR PACKING AND PACKAGING IN THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY”. IMIDTA/2019/25 (2019)
- Technological Innovation Project “APPLICATION OF BIOTECHNOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW GENERATION OF BIOPRESERVANTS FOR USED WOOD INDUSTRIAL” with the number IDI-20181054 (2019 – 2020). Financed by the CDTI
- R&D project “DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW ANTI-BLUE PRODUCT BY MODIFYING THE USE, FUNCTION AND FORMULATION OF FKR-ACQ” with the number IMINOA/2016/4 (2016 – 2017). Financed by IVACE.
- R&D Project “RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW TRIPLE ACTION BIOCIDE PRODUCT” with the number IFINOA/2014/50 (2014 – 2015). Financed by IVACE. R&D Project “RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW TRIPLE ACTION BIOCIDE PRODUCT” with the number IFINOA/2014/50 (2014 – 2015). Financed by IVACE.
- “FIELD EVALUATION OF THE EFFICACY OF ANTI-STAIN CHEMICAL COMPOUNDS ON CARIBBEAN PINE WOOD”. Study carried out by Br. Pablo Emilio Paredes at CVG-PROFORCA. Faculty of Forestry and Environmental Sciences of the University of Los Andes.
- “NATURAL AND INDUCED DURABILITY OF WOOD – GUÁCIMO AND LEUCAENA – FROM FOREST PLANTATIONS” Study carried out by the Wood Conservation Research Group (GICOM). Velásquez Deyanira, Encinas Osvaldo and Mora Néstor. Study carried out with products obtained from the IBEROEKA IB-165 and IBK 06-473 Projects.
- Project “DEFINITION PHASE AND PROPOSAL FOR PRESENTATION TO INTERNATIONAL R&D PROGRAMS” Call “Interempresas Internacional” (2011) CIIA-20101031
- R&D Project “RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF AN ECOLOGICAL TREATMENT AGAINST WOOD BIODEGRADATION” with numbers: IMIDTD/2006/227, IMIDTA/2007/245 and IMIDTA/2008/285 (2006 – 2007 – 2008). Financed by MYTIC.
- Project TECHNOLOGICAL PROMOTION OF THE “FKR-WOODCONTROL” PROJECT Project financed by the CDTI 2008 with Contract No. APT-20080017
- IBEROEKA IBK Project 06-473 “FKR-WOODCONTROL” with the title “RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF WOOD PROTECTORS IN CONTACT WITH THE GROUND AND MARINE ENVIRONMENTS, RISK CLASSES 3 AND 5, FREE OF ARSENIC AND CHROME, COMPATIBLE WITH THE ENVIRONMENT” . 2006 – CYTED (Science and Technology for Development)
- Among the technical and technological contributions of FKR QUIMICA, SL in the person of our researcher Mª Jesús Prieto Fernández, the following stand out: – 4th Management Committee Meeting, 20 June 2005 Oslo (Norway) presenting the following scientific communication: “ADVANCES IN THE BIOCONTROL SYSTEMS USING BIOLOGICAL AND LOW TOXICITY PRODUCTS AGAINST FUNGI AND TERMITES ”. – 6th Management Committee Meeting, 8 May 2006 Poznan (Poland) presenting the following scientific communication: “ STUDY OF FUNGICIDES FROM BIOLOGICAL ORIGIN AGAINST BLUE STAIN AND WOOD DECAY FUNGI ”.
- FKR QUÍMICA, SL forms part of the COST International Network (European Cooperation in the Field of Science and Technology ), founded in 1971, is an interstate structure for European cooperation in the field of scientific and technical research, allowing the coordination of researchers from each state at a European level. Currently 34 countries participate as members (those of the EU and future community partners), as well as institutions from non-member countries and International Organizations. The objectives of this COST program are to ensure that work in the field of scientific and technical research is maintained and strengthened in Europe, by increasing European interaction and cooperation. In the field of wood preservatives, all actions carried out are included within the corresponding action team ACTION COST E-37 .
- “STUDY ON THE NATURAL DURABILITY OF THE EUCALUPTUS GLOBULUS. POSSIBLE APPLICATIONS IN THE SECTOR”. Collaboration with the CIFOR-INIA Wood Protection Laboratory and the Department of Natural Resources and Environment Engineering of the University of Vigo.
- Participation in the Project of ref. nº AGL-2004-01236/FOR of title: “INTEGRATED CONTROL OF THE MAIN ORGANISMS THAT PRODUCE DAMAGE TO WOOD AND CORK IN SPAIN THROUGH BIOCONTROL AND NON-TOXIC PRODUCTS FOR MAN AND THE ENVIRONMENT” presented by Researcher Dª Teresa de Troya Franco in the National R&D&I Plan (2004-2007)
- Study on «ASSESSMENT OF WOOD SURFACE COATINGS THROUGH TESTS OF WOODEN L-JOINTS, EXPOSED TO THE OUTDOORS». Study in collaboration with the Wood Conservation Research Group ( GICOM ) Universidad de Los Andes (2004)
- Project TECHNOLOGICAL PROMOTION OF THE “FKR-MANA” PROJECT Project financed by the CDTI 2004 with Contract No. 03-T021
- “THE BLUE OF PINUS NIGRA. STUDY OF CAUSES, EFFECTS AND PREVENTIVE TREATMENTS”. Collaboration with the CIFOR-INIA Researcher Dr. Teresa of Troy. 2000-2003
- “DETERMINATION OF THE EFFICIENCY THRESHOLD OF CHEMICAL FORMULATIONS FOR THE CONTROL OF BLUE STAINING IN CARIBBEAN PINE WOOD”. Made in collaboration with the LNPF of Venezuela. (2.001)
- IBEROEKA Project IB-165 “FKR-MANA” with the title “INTEGRATED INSECTICIDE FUNGICIDE IN A SINGLE PRODUCT, BROAD SPECTRUM, ECOTOXICOLOGICALLY NEUTRAL FOR THE PROTECTION OF GREEN WOOD”. 1998 – CYTED (Science and Technology for Development)